I’d like to invite everyone to attend the public opening reception for the 8th Annual Juried Exhibition of the International Guild of Realism. As I’ve written before, I’m very honored to have been chosen to show one of my paintings in this international show of nearly 100 of the finest realism artists from throughout the world. I hope to see you at either the free opening reception on Saturday, October 5 or at the special VIP Opening on Friday, October 4. If you can’t make either of the receptions described below, be sure to visit the gallery during the exhibit dates.
Here are the details:
- What—Public Opening Reception of the 8th Annual International Guild of Realism Juried Exhibition
- When—Saturday, October 5, 2013 from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Where—Tempe Center for the Arts, 700 W. Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, Arizona
- Exhibition Dates—October 5 – November 30, 2013 (Free Admission)
My painting—San Juan River Bighorn—will be on display during the exhibition. The full list of juried artists and small representations of their entries is available by clicking here.
Special Note: For those of you who would like to attend a special VIP opening reception prior to the public opening on October 5, and have a chance to personally meet many of the artists, here are a few details for that event:
- VIP Opening Reception on October 4th from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Tickets for this catered event are $100 per person and include: Gourmet heavy hor d’oeuvres provided by Santa Barbara Catering and drinks at the full bar, a red carpet opening unveiling of the masterpieces of 93 realist artists, a special artist’s awards presentation, and finally, Ganem Jewelry and Vala Ola Studios will each give away silver jewelry to luck winners.
- To purchase VIP Tickets: email the Guild at firstname.lastname@example.org or all the Tempe Center for the Arts box office at 480-350-2822.
The Tempe Center for the Arts is an architectural marvel and some have called it the “Guggenheim” of Arizona. It’s truly a magnificent and beautiful facility and it provides an amazing venue for the Guild’s exhibition. The Tempe Center for the Arts is located on the shore of the Tempe Town Lake in the heart of the city of Tempe.
The International Guild of Realism has been an exclusive artist organization for over ten years and has over 300 juried professional artist members from over 35 countries. The Guild typically holds one major art exhibition per year in the best galleries or museums across the country. Past exhibitions have been in such venues as Santa Fe, Carmel, Scottsdale, Palm Desert, Cape Cod and Dallas.